Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wedding

I loved every moment of my wedding from the planning to the day of.  Here are some details from our wonderful day... 



Our wedding was located in beautiful Squaw Valley, CA. My husband and I absolutely fell in love with the scenery and the feel that Squaw Valley offered. Tucked in mountains the PlumpJack Hotel offered a charming and quaint atmosphere, where everyone could stay.


I ordered the N and D from Etsy
We had the stemmed mason jars with tags that
said Bride and Groom

We bought a mason jar for each guest to drink out of for the night and then take home.  We served a signature drink from them during cocktail hour (champagne, orange juice, and grenadine). I tied orange and white string with the tags that I printed from home.

I created the wedding programs from home using
supplies from the local craft store. I chose the blue
and orange paper to match my colors and then used
a cream shiny cover as well as for the inside and tied it
all together with lace ribbon.

Instead of having guests sign a book we had them write well wishes on river rocks with metallic pens.
The reception area turned out beautiful and just how I had imagined. I loved the color arrangement of the flowers. The table runner on the head table was made by my mom. She bought burlap and blue satin fabric and sewed the two together. The Mr and Mrs signs I made by printing out the font I want from word and then using copy paper transferred it onto the burlap fabric and painted it white.  The table numbers we found from a craft store and then my dad add a stand and hot glued moss around the numbers.  I did the Thank you cards on word and then send them to Kinko's to have them printed.  





The Man Table....
My husband played baseball in college and is in the Hall of Fame so I decided to add some baseball detail into the wedding by creating the man table with cupcakes, peanuts, popcorn, licorice, and cigars. The cigars totally backfired on me, because instead of dancing the men spend the night smoking and chatting outside (however they had a blast not having to dance). 





Dessert..mmmm
We had yummy cupcakes and what's a wedding these days without a candy bar. My dad made the cupcake stand from a tree they had cut down in their backyard :).   

My mom embroidered this linen napkin for the cake table.
So cute...and add the perfect personal touch.






A beautiful location...wonderful people...great details...I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!




Loved the way the adorable flower girl and ring bearer outfits turned out. They stole the show :)!

  • Photographer- Monique Sady
  • Florist- Art in Bloom
  • Location- PlumpJack- Squaw Valley, CA
Check the wedding out on Borrowed and Blue...
http://www.borrowedandblue.com/lake-tahoe/weddings/nicole-don--2







No comments:

Post a Comment