Thursday, July 24, 2014

Brady's Nursery


Welcome to Brady's Nursery...


Pottery Barn Blackout Curtains


For Brady's nursery I chose to go with the baseball theme; however, I didn't want to go crazy with the theme, so I went with a more classic look of navy/cream colors with baseball accents. We painted the walls a color taupe color and then added the cream stripes to one wall. I love how it turned out!

 I really wanted to have a navy blue dresser so I had Donny sand and paint an old dresser that we had (a job that will probably take a lot of beers and convincing for him to do again :) ). I found a great way to sand and paint a dresser at iheartorganizing click here for the directions.


Ikea spice rack   Baseball lamp   Rug

For the bookshelves I used Ikea spice racks and painted them with the same paint as the dresser. I ended up buying a third spice rack/bookshelf and hung it under the other two and it looks a lot better with the odd number. The baseball lamp, rug, and diaper basket is from Pottery Barn Kids. I got the striped white frames from Target and they look get with the painted striped wall across from it. 





Baseball sign was purchased from Michaels Craft Store


 We also redid the closet because it was just two wire racks and I really wanted shelving.  I designed the walk-in-closet that I wanted and Donny and I went to Home Depot to get all the supplies. Inside to the left there is floor to ceiling shelving, where I have the stock pile of diapers, wipes, bumbo seat, and all the random extras.  And to the right is a navy blue laundry basket.


Striped bedding I bought from RH baby&child
The beautiful baseball quilt was made by my very talented mom. It's something Brady will have forever.

I love the way his nursery turned out!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment